Have you created your online store, but are struggling to get your first dropshipping sale? Don't worry, you're not the only one who has such a problem. Getting the first few sales can take a lot of effort. It may be more difficult to get from 0 to 10 sales than from 10 to 100.
Because for your first dropshipping sales, you will need to find out what resonates with your audience. You will need to find a combination of ads, descriptions, images, colors, prices and more that will make your visitors think about buying.
Once you find this combination, it will become easier to increase sales.
How long does it take to get your first sale? You may be wondering, “How long does it actually take to get your first dropshipping sale?". Unfortunately, I can't give you a clear answer to this question.
You need to have marketing skills or have experience in sales to see the results a few days after the launch of the online store.
However, do not be upset if after a few weeks you still have not received any sales.And remember, don't give up; maybe you're just one step away from your first dropshipping sale.
Let's get started!
1. Have the right mindsetI know that you may have heard from the “dropshipping guru” that it is easy to earn more than 10 thousand dollars a month with dropshipping. Unfortunately, this is not true. There are some things that dropshipping gurus don't tell you as a beginner. One of them is that dropshipping is a real business. To succeed, you will have to put a lot of effort and be ready to consistently work on your business.
Please don't do dropshipping thinking it's a way to get rich fast.
Expect that at times all your work will seem in vain, but keep going and you will see that your first dropshipping sale will take place!
2. Try using different marketing channels
If you're having trouble getting your first dropshipping sale, it might be worth trying other marketing channels! Facebook Instagram Influencers, Tik Tok and Pinterest are common marketing channels for dropshippers.
Each marketing channel has its pros and cons.
3.Analyze your sales funnel in e-commerceWhen you do not receive any sales in your store, it is recommended to carefully study the sales funnel in e-commerce. Studying your conversion rates will give you an idea of improving the funnel stages. You may notice that many people add your product to their cart, but only a few of them continue to place an order.
For example, you could:
- Remove account registration for customers
- Try to specify the shipping cost in the shopping cart
- Target a different audience that is more likely to make a purchase
- Let your friends and relatives rate your online store and get feedback
- You should try to analyze your sales funnel so that it helps you get the first results in dropshipping!
4. Start a blogHave you thought about starting a blog for your dropshipping store? Probably not.
Starting a blog can lead to the fact that you will be able to get your first sale. This adds another way for potential customers to find your online store. When searching for specific information, people can get to your blog, after which they will enter your store and can even purchase goods! In addition, having a blog in your online store will improve the SEO of your store, which means that it will be easier for people to find your products in the Google search engine.
5.Offer a discount code
Offering a discount code can sometimes give your visitors the last necessary push to order a product.
People love discounts!
There are many ways to provide discount codes. For example, you can enter a discount code in your header while the visitor is viewing the product.
Or you can offer visitors a discount code when they subscribe to your email newsletter. Perhaps one of the most effective ways to use discount codes is E-mail marketing.
6. Post your product in online communities
If you have a limited budget, posting your product in online communities can be a great way to get results.
For example, if you sell woodworking tools, you can post and talk about your product on Facebook. In this way, you can benefit the group by offering them a problem-solving product and inspiring them by showing them which wood products they can create with your tool. I hope some members of the group will like it too, and they will visit your online store!
Just remember not to send spam to every page you can find with your product. Try to present real value in your posts and review the relevant product promotion policy before publishing a post.
7. Review your pricing strategyIf you didn't get your first dropshipping sale after targeting different audiences and trying everything to improve the look of your store, then most likely the price of your product may be too high.
Reconsider your pricing policy, but calculate your advertising costs, commissions, etc., so as not to be in the red.
8. Make sure your store loads quickly
Who has the patience to wait more than 5 seconds for a website page to load these days? A slow-loading online store can increase people's chances of closing their tab.
Here's How Page Load Time Can Affect Your Store:
Fast loading time has a positive effect on the indicator in Alexa Rank and SEO. The loading time of your page is a factor of location in the Google search engine!
A delay in loading a page even for one second can lead to a loss of conversions by 7%!
Fortunately, your store's loading time is something you can work on to improve. There are various apps on Shopify.
9. Tell your friends and family about your dropshipping storeTell your friends and relatives about your new Dropshipping store to get an honest review.
10. If nothing helps, try to sell another productWhen you've tried all of the above tips and still haven't been able to get your first dropshipping sale, maybe you're just selling a non-winning product.
People are not interested enough in the product to place an order in your store.
If that's the case, don't worry, it's OK to abandon the product and move on to another one.
You will have a better chance of success by testing new products.
With the knowledge that you have accumulated and learned from your previous mistakes, you will be able to create a new online store with your new product much more efficiently. So don't give up and try to sell another product to get your first dropshipping sale!
Great job reading the whole article! This shows that you are aiming to get your first sale in dropshipping, and I sincerely believe that if you can apply the tips I gave in this article, you will achieve your goal.
Good luck with everything!